Welcome to August Vows

This blog started a year before the big day, and chronicled the wedding-planning from a bride's perspective. I considered closing it and starting a new one as a Mrs., but you know... our vows were the most important part of the day, and will be our backbone as we develop a life and family together. I can't think of anything more appropriate than continuing to call my blog August Vows, and so it's here to stay.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Save the Date!

Well, there's no turning back now (kidding! I really wouldn't anyway!). The Save the Dates have been mailed.I'm really pretty proud of this project. I put them together myself scrapbook-style. They're not very uniform, but they look handmade, right? I don't have an adequate printer, so I had the insert printed on a heavy weight paper at Kinko's. I think they turned out pretty well, but if I had to do it again I would have them print one per sheet instead of four, to make cutting them to the right size easier.

And since the pictures are going to tell it better than I can... voila! My first true DIY wedding project.



No comments: