Welcome to August Vows

This blog started a year before the big day, and chronicled the wedding-planning from a bride's perspective. I considered closing it and starting a new one as a Mrs., but you know... our vows were the most important part of the day, and will be our backbone as we develop a life and family together. I can't think of anything more appropriate than continuing to call my blog August Vows, and so it's here to stay.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Girls with Flowers

I am so, so excited to have 2 flower girls in our wedding.  Flower girl H has known since she was a tiny baby that she'd be our flower girl. Admittedly, we thought she'd be a lot younger, but how fun is it now that she's 3? H was a flower girl last summer as well, so she knows ALL about it. We don't see her often, since her family has moved out of town, but I was glad to have some time with her on New Year's Eve. Allow me to recount our wedding conversation:

Kate: So, tell me what you know about weddings.
H: I will be at YOUR wedding.
Kate: Yes, you will be!
H: And there will be a beach ball there! (As you can probably tell, last year's wedding was on a local beach)
Kate: Well, there is no beach at our wedding.
H: No sand?
Kate: No.
H: Any grass?
Kate: Some outside, but the wedding will be inside.
H: Oh. Well, I will have flowers, and I will Put. Them. Down. And then I will take off my shoes.

She's the expert, what can I say? H loves to dance, and so I assume this is where the "taking off the shoes" might come in handy. I'm a bit nervous at the idea of having everybody watch me while we dance, so I may take advantage of her eagerness... this is what flower girls are for, right? I'd be more than willing to let H steal the show!

1 comment: