Welcome to August Vows

This blog started a year before the big day, and chronicled the wedding-planning from a bride's perspective. I considered closing it and starting a new one as a Mrs., but you know... our vows were the most important part of the day, and will be our backbone as we develop a life and family together. I can't think of anything more appropriate than continuing to call my blog August Vows, and so it's here to stay.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bride Wars

***spoiler alert!***

Tonight my mom, Michelle (my MOH) and I went to see a late showing of Bride Wars. Now I know that it hasn't been getting stellar reviews, but I thought it was very good. Only...

it stressed me out a little.

I loved it. I laughed a lot. But I was simultaneously horrified. I am sure that as my own wedding is pulled smoothly together, I will find this more & more funny. 

I think it was interesting to note that the things in the movie that I found most cringe-worry are probably the ones I worry about in my own life & wedding planning. Can anybody guess what that is? Though it was startling, I wasn't that stressed about the orange tan (because I don't plan to tan for my wedding), or the getting tackled on my walk down the aisle (because my best friend isn't a complete whacko). What I found most stress-worthy was watching the adorable Liv stuff her face with cookies & candy, and *gasp* not fit into her wedding dress the week before the wedding!

Oh, for the love of all that is white & tulle... can you IMAGINE? All I could do was put my popcorn down and go over my fitness plan in my head. My trainer Juan will be getting a call from me tomorrow.

No comments: