Welcome to August Vows

This blog started a year before the big day, and chronicled the wedding-planning from a bride's perspective. I considered closing it and starting a new one as a Mrs., but you know... our vows were the most important part of the day, and will be our backbone as we develop a life and family together. I can't think of anything more appropriate than continuing to call my blog August Vows, and so it's here to stay.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Organizing Guest Lists


Everybody has their favourite way of keeping a guest list organized. Mine is probably a little different from the standard website or spreadsheet, and I really love it. Obviously the key is to find what works for you, and so I decided to go with my old stand-by, index cards. This is my dad's preferred method of gathering information, and I inherited it from him.  And look what I found! 


The real gem in this set are the printed cards of course. The front of the card has a standard address section, an RSVP section (check yes or no), and check boxes for the wedding-related things you might need to send, right from Invitation to Thank You Notes, Thank Yous for showers and more. The bottom has a line on which to record any gifts that have been received.

The back of the card is just as cool! You can record up to 4 names and birthdays for the family, and there's space for a nine year record of holiday cards sent & received. It really leaves no excuse not to be immaculate about correspondence in the future. 


This is by far my most impressive wedding-organization piece so far. Do you like it? Do you have another novel way to organize your guest list?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Of course, I've been keeping my Christmas card list on 3x5s for 28 years now :-)
Such a cute box and cards - I might need a new box...