Welcome to August Vows

This blog started a year before the big day, and chronicled the wedding-planning from a bride's perspective. I considered closing it and starting a new one as a Mrs., but you know... our vows were the most important part of the day, and will be our backbone as we develop a life and family together. I can't think of anything more appropriate than continuing to call my blog August Vows, and so it's here to stay.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Correspondence Cards


On a forum I participate in, a December gift exchange was created. I deliberated for a while about whether or not to join, but I'm so glad I did!

We had to send the organizer a little bit about ourselves. She wanted to know what sort of colours we like, what things we like, what our hobbies are etc. I said I loved stationary and chocolate, soft colours & neutrals, read a lot, like to cook and am planning my wedding.

I got spoiled.

I got yummy chocolate, and a whole book on cooking with the stuff. I plan to pack it away for after the wedding (please reference previous post for why).

And I got two boxes of gorgeous, creamy, hand-engraved correspondence cards with lined envelopes. And, they match my wedding colours. How did my buddy DO that? I really think they're absolutely beautiful, and I love them.

One item marked off my to do list... acquire personal stationary for pre-wedding thank you notes: Check!

No comments: