Welcome to August Vows

This blog started a year before the big day, and chronicled the wedding-planning from a bride's perspective. I considered closing it and starting a new one as a Mrs., but you know... our vows were the most important part of the day, and will be our backbone as we develop a life and family together. I can't think of anything more appropriate than continuing to call my blog August Vows, and so it's here to stay.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday's Simple Daybook

For today... Sunday, September 12, 2010

Outside my window... dark now, and has been pouring all day.

I am thinking... about many ides for the new church-school year.

I am thankful for... the impending fall. There is really nothing about fall that I don't love.

From the learning rooms... still need to get on my herbalism course. I will have a good report on this next week.

From the kitchen... embarrassingly, nothing today. It's time to use up leftovers and pantry items.

I am wearing... pajamas. It's only 8:30 but it feels like the right sort of thing tonight. I've also brought the slippers out to stay.

I am creating... a routine.


I am going... to order my wedding photos this week, for real.

I am reading... Women, Food, and God, as per last week. I do like it.

I am hoping... that the momentum I'm feeling around here really keeps up.

I am hearing... My favourite song this week, The Prayer (I like the version by Celtic Woman).

Around the house... I've put the heavy duvet on the bed. We have stacks of plastic bins that need to be dealt with this week – if they aren't filled for storage, they'll be going to my mom's for her use. 

One of my favorite things... my new Aroma Geni nebulizer from Saje Aromatherapy (a birthday gift). It's been going all evening with Love Potion #10 and it smells fantastic around here.

A few plans for the week...  Focus on unpacking boxes that are still hanging around, fix the china cabinet, send in a set of lessons (I know, I know), run.

Here is a picture for thought... this is the photo I've chosen as our wedding portrait.







Play along with the Simple Woman's Daybook!

2 comments:

Laura Ingalls wannabe said...

I was just listening to The Prayer in Hebrew while I was reading this post! I don't speak Hebrew, but it's one of the prettiest versions of the song I've heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtcoQd-x7r0

(ignore the first 15 seconds or so)

augustvows said...

That's fantastic... thank you for sharing!