Welcome to August Vows

This blog started a year before the big day, and chronicled the wedding-planning from a bride's perspective. I considered closing it and starting a new one as a Mrs., but you know... our vows were the most important part of the day, and will be our backbone as we develop a life and family together. I can't think of anything more appropriate than continuing to call my blog August Vows, and so it's here to stay.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday's Simple Daybook

For today... Sunday, September 5, 2010

Outside my window... suddenly sunny after a very grey day!

I am thinking... about revamping our budget.

I am thankful for... having met my husband's gran in England. She is 98 years old and he hadn't seen her for 13 years. I am grateful that we had the opportunity to go, chat, and take photos.

From the learning rooms... need to get working (hard) on my herbalism course.

From the kitchen... Dinner Diva Detox from Leanne Ely at Saving Dinner. Time to get food in order.

I am wearing... Black yoga pants and a long-sleeved pink running room shirt. 


I am creating... a better me.

I am going... to my mom's this afternoon, to pick up some pantry items. She and I shop at Costco and split the bounty.

I am reading... Women, Food, and God by Geneen Roth. I'm not yet sure what I think of it.

I am hoping... that my husband gets lots of work in September.

I am hearing... the laundry going, going, going...

Around the house... busy unpacking from our recent trip to the UK!

One of my favorite things... sprouted grain bread with almond butter. Yummy.

A few plans for the week...  I need to see my grandparents, get ready for church to start up, order wedding photos, and mail in a set of correspondence lessons. 

Here is a picture for thought... Dan and I with his grandmother, Marion.











Play along with the Simple Woman's Daybook!

4 comments:

Elena LaVictoire said...

She sure doesn't look 98! Good that you had a chance to visit with her.

Irene said...

Oh my, 98 how wonderful that you could meet her.

Nicole said...

Are you doing an in-house or distance herbalism course? I've always wished for herb info in my brain ;)

augustvows said...

Nic – I can't believe I didn't see this until now. I'm doing a correspondence course through Dominion Herbal College. :)