Welcome to August Vows

This blog started a year before the big day, and chronicled the wedding-planning from a bride's perspective. I considered closing it and starting a new one as a Mrs., but you know... our vows were the most important part of the day, and will be our backbone as we develop a life and family together. I can't think of anything more appropriate than continuing to call my blog August Vows, and so it's here to stay.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cruising to Alaska!

So, a couple major things have happened in the last month.

1. Dan got accepted into UBC for the Bachelor of Education program! This is great news for him, obviously. I'm very excited. It's a July-start program, which means (we thought) that he's basically going to be doing school all the way through the wedding. Ahh well... at least we picked a Saturday, right?

2. I took a closer look at the calendar, and learned that he has 3 weeks off at the end of summer -- RIGHT over the time of the wedding! In fact, his last day of school is my last day of work. We both have the full week off before the wedding, and then he has 2 weeks off afterward (I have one week and a couple days).

3. We booked a honeymoon! There is bliss to look forward to. We'll be sailing on the Holland America Volendam, roundtrip to Alaska. We leave from Vancouver, which I love, because we don't have to fly anywhere. And, we head out 4 days after the wedding, giving us opportunity to visit with some out of town guests and pack. I'm super excited that Dan has time off, and thrilled we've booked a trip!

No comments: